Monday, 25 August 2008

Day 31- August 25th


Ready. Steady. Cook!
Home alone today, and these are the constituents of my favourite home alone meal. I would have loved to go to the racing up on the Mendip hills with Keith and Eden, but like last year, we'd have had to miss the last race (a reliant robins figure-of-eight) to get home in time for Lucas. I'm sure a pic mid of air collisions between reliant robins or a shot of the caravan race, against the stunning backdrop from the top of the Mendips, would have been a bit more spectacular, but this pic is my fave thing about today - eating stuff my family won't eat, and getting a nice quiet mealtime before going to fetch Lucas from his grandparents. I'm going to watch Dad's Army whuile I eat it!

2 comments:

Karen Frost said...

I have to ask - what comes out of it at the end? And does it only take you 20 minutes??!!

KateMc said...

Nothing exciting I'm afraid. Just roast veg & salmon lol. Chopping takes a few minutes, but then the veg (tossed around in stuff) and the salmon go in the oven for 20 mins, so it's very quick and the best bit is that it just uses one baking tray (and whatever you use to toss the veg around in the stuff, which ends up in a fairly unwashable state). My family aren't big fans of salmon or veg, so it's my little treat. When Keith is Home Alone, he buys a ready curry!
I did take a pic of the ingredients all unwrapped and looking beautiful, but it looked like I'd tried too hard!