Same place as yesterday. Lucas and I have membership of this local stately home type place, but it's hard (and pointless) to try and persuade a toddler to wander round the grounds & gardens when there's an adventure playground and a soft play. Every time we go up there I want to wander off into the trees. So today I did. All by myself. It was soooooo quiet (when the Lyneham planes weren't going over, anyway), and I only saw one other person during my wander. Toddlers do make everything a bit more interesting, but they also make it a lot less tranquil, so it was a pleasant change. On the down side, I got a bit wet, wearing too-long jeans and inappropriate footwear, and Keith and I had a very very disappointing cake in the cafe.
Thursday, 9 October 2008
Day 77 - Oct 9th. Peace and quiet.
Same place as yesterday. Lucas and I have membership of this local stately home type place, but it's hard (and pointless) to try and persuade a toddler to wander round the grounds & gardens when there's an adventure playground and a soft play. Every time we go up there I want to wander off into the trees. So today I did. All by myself. It was soooooo quiet (when the Lyneham planes weren't going over, anyway), and I only saw one other person during my wander. Toddlers do make everything a bit more interesting, but they also make it a lot less tranquil, so it was a pleasant change. On the down side, I got a bit wet, wearing too-long jeans and inappropriate footwear, and Keith and I had a very very disappointing cake in the cafe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That does look lovely and peaceful.
Is there anything worse than disappointing cake?
Well it's funny you should ask, but as we were discussing our disappointing cake we were commenting that it was *nearly* as disappointing as some disappointing fish and chips we had quite some time ago. So yes, there is something worse than disappointing cake.
I bet you've never had disappointing cake in your library.
The coffee cake was a disappointment when it was all they had and my morning sickness wouldn't let me enjoy it.
Post a Comment